Smart Governance Maintenance and Support Engineer
Our Business Continuity team is growing and we’re hiring for our Lisbon, Portugal office.
Smart Governance is the most complete enterprise solution for decision-making ecosystems, supporting hierarchical decision-making processes and multiple board, committee, council and assembly meetings, allowing for greater agility in the decision-making process while eliminating the physical paper clutter and its logistics, time and resource consumption.
You can learn more about Smart Governance on its website.
The Software Maintenance and Support Engineer is responsible for the continuous running of one or more software applications and its ecosystem.
This Engineer is also involved in the development of control and monitoring software and occasionally in the development of software tools and scripts that will help in maintenance.
This Engineer works with other professionals in order to improve production environments, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of these production implementations.
- Work in a debt-free, solid, Founder lead company;
- Relaxed & informal office environment;
- Tech culture, as geek as it can get;
- Direct contact with senior team;
- Participation in Microsoft early-adoption programs;
- Being part of an international strategy;
- Directly influence the product roadmap;
- Access to Raspberry Pi2 and LattePanda kits.
Skills and know-how requirements
The Software Maintenance and Support Engineer should be capable of debugging, fixing, testing and writing new code on the following languages:
- ASP.NET WebForms;
- ASP.NET MVC.
The Software Maintenance and Support Engineer should be knowledgeable in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server;
- Microsoft SharePoint;
- Microsoft SQL Server;
- Microsoft Azure;
- Microsoft Visual Studio;
- Active Directory;
- Web Application troubleshooting.
The Software Maintenance and Support Engineer should also be able to communicate on the following languages:
- Portuguese and English speaking and writing and good communication skills.
Typical work activities and responsibilities of the Software Maintenance and Support Engineer
Responsibilities and tasks vary from incident to incident, but overall the Software Maintenance and Support Engineer may typically be involved in:
- designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods;
- carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to software faults;
- diagnosing and troubleshooting breakdown problems;
- reacting fast to incidents and be prepared to do some serious duct-tape programing to save the day;
- fitting new custom development code and making sure software is working correctly;
- carrying out quality inspections on environments;
- liaising with client departments, customers, other suppliers and other engineering and production colleagues;
- controlling maintenance tools, scripts, software applications and environments;
- monitoring and controlling maintenance costs and contract execution;
- dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs;
- improving production environments’ security and reliability policies and procedures;
- working with specialist equipment and software – as geek as it gets;
- writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines;
- ensuring there is continuous cover of the software and production environments in case of breakdowns;
- actively contribute to influence and evolve the software product roadmap;
- actively contribute to customer satisfaction and positive perception of return of investment.
Interested? Write us on how you believe you can contribute and don’t forget to attach your CV: email@example.com