Changing the World by impacting the day to day of leaders and decision makers is an honorable mission that’ll echo through the next generations.
Delivering agility, transparency, efficiency and efficacy that span throughout the entire Organization, while experiencing stories that one day will be worth sharing with your grandchildren, drives your motivation and fuels your actions to push forward.
We’re hiring on our Lisbon office.
If this appeals to you, send us your CV and your thoughts on why you believe you’re the right person for the job (on a format of your choosing that we must be able to view), both in english, by applying here.
We’re looking for someone who wishes to be part of and contribute to this tech endeavor, enrolling on a sustainable team and our collective dream to change the World, one decision at a time.
We’re working with customers and events in several countries, so travelling will be involved.
The Role of the Business Development Support and Intel Operative
Context on who and what will need support and intel: a Business Developer works to improve an organizations market position and achieve financial growth. This person helps achieving long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. This person job is to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization. To achieve this, they need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. This Business Developer will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. They call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
The Business Development Support and Intel Operative is a junior role and works to support both from the back office and on the field and provide intelligence to all the business development initiatives promoted and executed by the Business Development Team and the Senior Leadership Team.
The primary role of the Business Development Support and Intel Operative (BDSIO) is to support the Business Development Team in prospecting for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. The BDSIO must then aid in establishing a plan of persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with CAVEDIGITAL. The BDSIO must develop intelligence that enables the buildup of a rapport with new clients, and implement actions that aid in the achievement of the Business Development Team targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the maintenance of customer relationships. Also, it’s a requirement to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. The BDSIO works with the Business Development Team, mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff. Strategic planning and reporting is a key part of this job description, since it is the BDSIO’s responsibility to empower and enable the Business Development Team to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to CAVEDIGITAL. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services CAVEDIGITAL can provide, and of the company’s competitors. The main duties of the BDSIO can be summarized as follows:
New Business Development Support and Intel
- Prospect for potential new local and international clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market and geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Visit and meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your people network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and CAVEDIGITAL’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Implement a Business Development Knowledge Base that, amongst other topics, aid in handling objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion while proposing a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Control the customer lifecycle in order to point out when to present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Partner Ecosystem Development
- Prospect for potential new local and international partners and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market and geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of partner recruitment and to train and drive opportunities for partners. Visit and meet potential partners and support existing partners to drive new business with CAVEDIGITAL’s solutions and services, by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your people network.
- Identify potential partners, and the decision makers within the partner organization.
- Research and build relationships with new partners.
- Set up meetings between partner decision makers and CAVEDIGITAL’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the partners’ clients’ needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in reseller pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the partner.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop CAVEDIGITAL’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with the team to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of CAVEDIGITAL’s people and capabilities.
- Understand CAVEDIGITAL’s goal and purpose to continuously enhance the company’s performance.
Background and Skills
Creativity and an excellent comprehension of software solutions, both on technical and functional topics, are important required skills.
Ability to fluently speak, read and write Portuguese (Portugal) and English.
Other Skills and Qualifications
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
Interested? Apply here, share on how you believe you can contribute and don’t forget to attach your CV.