Smart Governance Software Developer (.NET, C#)
Our New Business & Product Group team is growing and we’re hiring for our Lisbon, Portugal office.
Smart Governance is the most complete enterprise solution for decision-making ecosystems, supporting hierarchical decision-making processes and multiple board, committee, council and assembly meetings, allowing for greater agility in the decision-making process while eliminating the physical paper clutter and its logistics, time and resource consumption.
You can learn more about Smart Governance on its website.
In case you didn’t knew already, a Software Developer makes software for the world to use. The work of a Software Developer includes researching, designing, coding, implementing, and testing software. A Software Developer will likely take part in design, implementing proof of concepts, computer programming and participate on the management of the projects to see them to fruition.
This person job is to work solo or in team to develop competitive and performant code that provides quality with the best modern user experience – contributing with wit, craftsmanship and engineering skills to augment and continuously evolve our SMART GOVERNANCE.
The primary role of the Software Developer is to design, plan, develop and implement software that performs with quality and delivers a modern experience to its users, enhancing and augmenting the product to make it competitive and attractive.
- Work in a debt-free, solid, Founder lead company;
- Relaxed & informal office environment;
- Tech culture, as geek as it can get;
- Direct contact with senior team;
- Participation in Microsoft early-adoption programs;
- Being part of an international strategy;
- Directly influence the product roadmap;
- Access to Microsoft Band2, Raspberry Pi2 and LattePanda kits.
Skills and know-how requirements
The Software Developer should be capable of debugging, fixing, testing and writing new code on the following languages:
- REST, JSON, webservices in general;
- ASP.NET WebForms;
- ASP.NET MVC.
The Software Developer should be knowledgeable in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server;
- Microsoft SharePoint;
- Microsoft SQL Server;
- Microsoft Azure;
- Microsoft Visual Studio;
- Active Directory;
- Web Application and how to troubleshoot it.
The Software Developer should also be able to communicate on the following languages:
- Portuguese and English speaking and writing and good communication skills.
Typical work activities and responsibilities of the Software Developer
Responsibilities and tasks vary from project to project, but overall the Software Developer may typically be involved in:
- designing software development strategies, procedures and methods;
- After correctly understanding the business requirements, plan, architect, develop and implement software;
- respond to software faults;
- diagnosing and troubleshooting breakdown problems;
- reacting fast to incidents and be prepared to do some serious duct-tape programing to save the day;
- fitting new custom development code and making sure software is working correctly;
- carrying out quality inspections on environments;
- liaising with client departments, customers, other suppliers and other engineering and production colleagues;
- developing tools, scripts, software applications to expedite projects implementation;
- dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs;
- improving production environments’ security and reliability policies and procedures;
- working with specialist equipment and software – as geek as it gets;
- writing development strategies to help with faster time-to-market implementations and commissioning guidelines;
- ensuring there is continuous cover of the software and production environments in case of breakdowns;
- actively contribute to influence and evolve the software product roadmap;
- actively contribute to customer satisfaction and positive perception of return of investment.
Interested? Write us on how you believe you can contribute and don’t forget to attach your CV: email@example.com